Monday, December 19, 2011

Keeping your fantasies to yourself

“I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves.”

― Christopher Hitchens, Hitch-22

Case in point: SNL lampoons Tebow. The religious right is confused…

I don't understand why there is such a public outcry because of Tim Tebow projecting his faith.

Jesus responds:

Matthew 6:5-6
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father in secret shall reward thee openly.

No comments:

Post a Comment