Saturday, September 15, 2012

The innocence of children

There were violent protests in Sydney yesterday, and...



"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed."
 - George Carlin

I agree with Carolyn Porco that this is child abuse. I also agree with Dawkins that just calling a child a "Muslim" (or a "Christian") is a form of child abuse, but that doesn't mean that I want children of religious parents to be taken out of their homes and brought up in "state-run, communal, child farms." It just means I want to provide even more support and encouragement for people leaving their faith. Because there are so many people, like these poor kids, who don't have a choice about getting into it...and too few options to help them get out!

2 comments:

  1. You are whistling past the graveyard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ‎"I admit that reason is a small and feeble flame, a flickering torch by stumblers carried in the star-less night, -- blown and flared by passion's storm, -- and yet, it is the only light. Extinguish that, and nought remains."

    - Robert Ingersoll

    ReplyDelete