Sunday, October 19, 2014

Who's your favorite secular spokesperson?

At today's Hickory Humanist Alliance meeting, the topic came up about whether the Four Horsemen are always the best spokespersons for the secular movement (yes, Richard Dawkins' Twitter feed and Sam Harris' recent comments about Islam on 'Real Time with Bill Maher' were mentioned). There's certainly a long list of others to choose from (not that we need one), but I wanted to highlight five of my favorites. They may not be as "active" in the "movement" as others, but I think they all do a great job of representing my own secular, skeptical, humanist values and awe of nature. Who are some of your favorites?

I'll start with the ladies, all still living...



For more details on Ann's views on science and religion, watch Cosmos! Seriously!



For more details on Carolyn's views on science and religion, start with this video.


 
Now for the dead white guys...



And of course, last but certainly not least...




1 comment:

  1. I certainly enjoy these speakers. I'd like to throw out the names of Seth Andrews and Neil DeGrass Tyson as well!

    ReplyDelete