According to Sarah Morehead, Executive Director of Recovering from Religion, the organization "gets calls and emails daily from people around the world struggling with the consequences of doubting their faith. Many know they risk losing everything – their marriage, their children, their jobs, and lifelong friends or family if their growing doubts are discovered, and in their daily lives they feel completely alone. The Hotline Project builds a crucial bridge from the ‘cold shoulder’ of rejection into the warm and welcoming world of the secular community, and acts as a beacon of hope and reassurance that there are many of us who truly understand how much of a challenge this process can be.”
- Kimberly Winston. "Leaving your religion? Now, there’s a hotline to help." Religion News Service.
- Daniel Burke. "1-800-DOUBTS: A new helpline for troubled atheists." CNN.
- T. Steelman. "Thinking About Losing Your Religion? This New Hotline Can Help You." Addicting Info.
- Pete D'Amato. "Crisis of faith? Call 1-84-I-DOUBT-IT - the atheist hotline for people questioning their religion." Daily Mail.
- Valerie Tarico. "I just don't believe this anymore: How I abandoned my faith." Alternet.
- Neil Carter. "Announcing the Launch of the Secular Hotline Project!" Godless in Dixie.
- JT Eberhard. "ACTIVISM: The Hotline Project has officially launched!" What Would JT Do?
- Hemany Mehta. "Launching Today: A Hotline for Those Who Need Someone To Talk To About Their Religious Doubts." Friendly Atheist.
- Suzanne Calulu. "Announcement: The Hotline Project of Recovery From Religion." No Longer Quivering.
- Robert Ray. "The Hotline Project: A Secular Service Project by Recovering from Religion." The Secular Celebrant.
- Victoria Neuronotes. "Recovering From Religion — USA Secular Service Hotline." Victoria Neuronotes blog.
- Mr. Syms. "Having Doubts About Your Religion? Call 1-844-I-DOUBT-IT." The Abandoned Piety Blog.
- Neil Carter. "The Hotline for Doubters Isn’t What You Think It Is." Ex-Communications.
- Richard Dawkins Foundation. "The Hotline Project: When faith is on the line, so are we!" Richard Dawkins Foundation.
- Vanessa Garcia Rodriguez. "Atheist hotline lures wavering believers." Christian Examiner.
And a few troubling early anonymous transcripts that Sarah shared at AACon15...